MiniCo is pleased to announce that we have taken an important step toward fulfilling our underwriting and service commitment to self-storage business owners and their insurance agents. MiniCo’s first strategic step was to change our existing business owner policy (BOP) for self-storage operations from a proprietary base form and endorsements to a broadly used newer version of an ISO-based policy form plus endorsements.
In conjunction with rolling out our new BOP, we have made a significant investment in upgrading our quoting and policy issuance system platform to provide expedited service and response times for both you and your agent. Our new BOP has been designed to protect valuable self-storage investments by offering new coverages, expanded limit and deductible options, and flexibility in policy options to fit each operation’s specific needs, all complemented by faster policy and endorsement issuance.
A Pioneer in Self-Storage Insurance
MiniCo was a pioneer in creating the industry’s first business owner policy (BOP) over 40 years ago. We like to say that no one understands self-storage insurance like MiniCo. It’s a catchy phrase, but it is also accurate.
- We offer more coverage options and carrier choices than any other self-storage insurance provider. With four A.M. Best “A” rated carriers (two admitted and two non-admitted), you and your client have a greater selection of available options.
- MiniCo’s team of 14 full-time underwriters is the largest insurance underwriting team specializing in self-storage operations.
- Our in-house claim professionals have a high level of specialization in self-storage and are 100 percent dedicated to adjusting claims for self-storage properties.
- MiniCo has continued to enhance our self-storage insurance products to meet the evolving needs of the industry, and we offer insurance solutions for a larger portion of the self-storage market than ever before.
- We offer a range of supporting solutions, several available as optional coverages within our self-storage BOP, and other separate but important coverages including an umbrella that provides an extra level of protection, a workers compensation insurance program exclusively for self-storage operations, cyber and data compromise insurance, equipment breakdown coverage, and wind/hail deductible buy-back options.
If you have clients who are a current policyholders, the team at MiniCo thanks you for your business and your support. Your MiniCo underwriter is available to advise you regarding any changes to your clients’ policies related to MiniCo’s new upgraded BOP. For those with self-storage clients not currently insured with MiniCo, we invite you to contact your underwriter to learn more about the benefits of our upgraded BOP and supporting solutions.
President and CEO